The flu is slowly receding but with the arrival of Spring, it is time for pollen and seasonal allergies.
Sneezing, coughing, itchy eyes, headaches, difficulty in breathing, runny and blocked nose are common around this time of the year. However, the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) warned that this year’s spring pollen allergy could be severe. As per the CDC, “Allergies are the 6th leading cause of chronic illness in the U.S. More than 50 million Americans suffer from allergies each year.”
Dr. Jose Bardales of Greensboro’s Allergy & Asthma Center stated, “Pollen counts are already very substantial and are going to get worse over the next few weeks. People are sneezing, coughing and having itchy throats. You can’t sleep well, you’re tired and kids do worse in school.”
You cannot escape pollen allergies as they are air borne, but you can minimize your exposure. Some preventive measures that help you keep yourself protected against the uncomfortable symptoms caused by pollen allergies are:
- Minimize your outdoor activity between 5 am and 10 am as this is the time when pollen levels are at their peak
- Keep the windows closed in your home as much as possible and use an air conditioner
- Keep your car windows closed while driving
- Try to shower frequently especially before going to bed to wash off all of the pollen
- Change your clothes and bed linens often
- Wash bedding in hot water at least once a week
A proven way to keep yourself protected from pollen allergies is to use a high performance personal air purifier, the AirTamer A310. This high performance personal rechargeable air purifier emits a constant stream of healthy negative ions that push pollen, viruses, smoke, molds and dust mites away from your breathing space. Use the AirTamer A310 air purifier, the handy portable device that purifies the air in your house and improves the quality of the air you and your family breathe in.