Seasonal Rhinitis, or more commonly known as Seasonal Allergies, is a condition often caused by your immune systems response to the environment.
Things like ragweed, pollen, mold and dust are some of the most common triggers. Oral Allergy Syndrome, which is often described as “ an itchy throat” mimics seasonal allergies, occurring when people eat apples, peaches or raspberries; to name a few. Typically this is a response to the pesticides found on the fruit. Turmeric and honey super booster is a total game changer.
Food Choices to consider during Seasonal Allergies:
- Calcium- rich Foods: Dark leafy greens( broccoli, kale, collards), non-GMO and organic/unprocessed soy products- edamame and tofu, beans and legumes, nuts and seeds
- Magnesium-rich foods: Dark leafy greens( Swiss Chard, Broccoli, Kale, collards), nuts and seeds, avocado, bananas
- Beta-carotene rich foods: Sweet potato, winter squash, pumpkin, carrots, dandelion greens, cabbage, spinach
- Lycopene-rich foods: Tomatoes
- Omega-3 rich foods: Walnuts, chia seeds, salmon
Foods to avoid:
- Conventional meats
- Dairy products (milk, cheese, ice cream, yogurt)
- Citrus (lemon ,lime, grapefruit)
- Foods with preservatives
- High sugar foods
- Foods that cause “itchy throat” or oral allergy syndrome that may include: raw apples, pear, banana, peaches, tomato, kiwi, carrots, sunflower seeds, cherries, celery melon, cucumber, raw zucchini