Frequently Asked Questions
- How does the AirTamer work?
AirTamer® emits negative ions from the little black brush that you see at the top of the unit.
Over 2 million negative ions are emitted from that brush every second. These negative ions attach themselves to air particles like allergens, viruses, etc. in the air and negatively charge those particles.
Those negatively charged particles will then be naturally attracted to positively charged surfaces around you (e.g. a table, chair, window, clothes, etc.), rather than continuing their way towards your breathing passage where they can make you sick.
Result: AirTamer reduces the probability that you will inhale these bad particles and become ill.
- How can I tell if my AirTamer® is working?
- Can AirTamer® purify cigarette smoke from the air?
- How long will the AirTamer® last with fully charged batteries?
- Does the AirTamer® make noise?
- Will my Travel AirTamer interfere with electronic equipment (e.g. computers, cell phones)?
- Can I leave the Travel AirTamer on continuously?
- Does the Travel AirTamer produce dangerous levels of ozone?
- What are negative ions? Are they good for you?
- What is the Travel AirTamer's® effective range?
- How does the Travel AirTamer work?
- What types of accessories are included with DirtTamer® vacuums and are optional accessories available?
- What type of batteries does the DirtTamer® line use and how long can they run on one charge?
- How much liquid can the DirtTamer® vacuum bowl hold?
- Are foam and HEPA filters waterproof?
Foam filters are waterproof and recommended for wet spill pick ups. HEPA filters are not waterproof, but limited exposure does not cause damage.
- What is the lifespan of a HEPA filter?
- What is HEPA?
- What is the DirtTamer's® 3-stage filtration?
- Will my AirTamer interfere with home or office equipment (e.g. computers)?
No. The AirTamer meets FCC regulations for harmful interference with radio communications so you may place your AirTamer by your computer, audio players, etc. without causing any unusual interference problems.
- Can I leave my AirTamer on continuously?
- Can my AirTamer really work with a furnace fan filter?
- How often do I need to replace the AIR FILTER?